Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Dancing in the Moonlight

Being a dance teacher, you'd think that I'd get to dance all the time. But the reality is that I don't… which kind of sucks. I might do a little stretching with each class, but it's been a while since I've gotten to really just bust some moves! The last time I got to put on a show was our studio's recital back in June. Running the whole show, was not my cup of tea! But dancing in it made it all worth it, especially since I got to do a cute little duet with one of my former students who now teaches a few classes for us! Love her.
I even whipped out a solo… ok most of it was improvisation, but the audience didn't know that! I loved just being up on stage again and enjoying the spotlight for a brief moment.
And now I've pulled out my dancing shoes again. And I'm going to perform at Vibe this month… our group is not quite ready and we've only got 4 more practices left. I'm a little nervous, but we're an exhibition performance so it's all for fun and there isn't any of that competition stress (thank goodness). I'm already sore since I just got home from practice! Gotta love the dance grind!

Off to bed! 
Xx
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment